Wednesday, October 14, 2009

804 Spell St.


I have been out of touch for the past six months or so. I was in Monroe, La. in a spiritual ICU of sorts, called Mercy Ministries. God took me through a journey of hurt, severe pain, loneliness, loss, reconciliation, and finally on to the path of forgiveness and overcoming. Forgiveness and overcoming will be a road that I will continue on until the Lover of my soul will return for His bride.

It was never easy, but nothing life changing is. God completely rocked me down the the core, down to the foundation of my very being. I questioned who I was and who I was becoming. During my stay I faced giants of my past that I thought where buried. However, now, like David, I can say that I faced the giant, I killed him, and then I cut off his head...as to say that my giant(s) will never again be a stronghold over me.

Has it been hard since I have been home? I wish I could say no, but I can not. Why wouldn't it be hard though? Why would the enemy make it easy for me after facing and overcoming my biggest demons? I feel like I have fallen flat on my face since being home---but what do you do? You 1 John 1:9 it, and you get back up again. Brush your shoulders off and keep going. Stay in the word, and in worship. I am finally getting my joy back, and remembering that loving life is what it is about. God called us to love others. How can you love them when you are alone? (Some of you will get that.)

I can not express to you the gratitude I feel in my heart toward those friends that reached out to me during my time at Mercy. When I felt alone, it was your letters and (let us not forget) your phone calls to me that got me through the days. I appreciate you hanging in there and continuing to call when you kept getting "she is on the other line, call back in 9 minutes, or she is not taking phone calls today". Knowing that you were here to support me and were waiting for me to come back home was the extra push I needed to continue on.

I can not believe all the amazing people that I met while at Mercy, including the staff. You guys were the hands and feet of our Father. You reached out and were the arms of a loving God that surrounded me in comfort and love when I felt the most unaccepted. You showed me that I was one of His princesses. I will never forget the laughs we had, the never-ending prayers that you sent up to God on my behalf, or just the knowing smiles that we shared in passing. You guys helped change my life.

For my Mercy sisters...
Thank you for walking along side of me through my journey at Mercy Ministries. You encouraged me, you stood with me in prayer, you saw the tears fall, and the frustration explode. You never let me down, and most of all, you never let me stay down. The little notes that I would find in my notebook simply saying, "I love you and you're in my thoughts and prayers today", always made me smile, and still do when I come across them. You ladies are some of God's most magnificent creations. Of all the ones, He chose you! You were the ones called out and set apart. Yes, horrible things have happened to you. Unspeakable secrets you have had to carry your whole life, and painful hurts from the past have tried to destroy you...However, YOU are an overcomer! YOU are a BEAUTIFUL woman after God's own heart. He has set you free so you can, in turn, free others through Him. They are waiting. Be the woman that God has called you to be in the lives of those around you and you will change the world, one life at a time.

If anyone reading this has any further questions about Mercy Ministries or my stay there, please feel free to contact me. I would love to share with you any information I have on the place that God used to change my life.

2 comments:

  1. Just keep walking, in faith, no matter how hard it gets...

    We'll get together soon...Love you!

    ReplyDelete