Thursday, January 29, 2009

"I am"

So lately I have been struggling with “who I am” as a person…who I am on the day to day. I sat down and considered it for a while and these are some of the thoughts that I came up with. Enjoy.

I am a great friend.

I am a loving daughter.

I am a caring sister.

I am an overly interested aunt.

I am a child of the most high king.

I am proud of where I came from (for those of you who don’t know, that would be called the boondocks).

I am a great listener.

I am a strong woman.

I am a fairly good musician.

I am a Social Worker.

I am an extremely compassionate person (sometimes this gets me into trouble).

I am complex.

I am lonely sometimes.

I am striving to learn more about who I am in Christ.

I am in love with tattoos and piercings (no worries mom, maybe it’s just a phase).

I am so grateful for all of my friends.

I love being close to my family.

I am capable of filling my heart to the max with love for my closest friends and family.

I am willing to do anything I can to help anyone.

I am working daily on being ready to be on the mission field.

I am a home owner.

I am certain that my concern for others sometimes causes me to go into overload.

I am positive that my best friend has saved my life.

I am so grateful for the Langer family in general.

I am confident in who I am becoming.

I am learning that sitting down to read a book can be fun.

I am thankful to God for my second chance at life.

I am in love with the idea of being in love.

I am waiting anxiously for the day to come that I hold my future children in my arms.

I am proud of the children in the systems that make it out alive on the other side.

I am really happy with where my life is headed for once.

I am dependable.

I am loyal.

I am a college graduate!

I am still close to my old teacher from high school.

I am aware that one constant in my life has been my parents love for me.

I am unconditionally devoted to my friends.

I am sure that God has been my steady place to fall my whole life.

I am not good at saving money.

I am a good girlfriend, and will make a great wife someday.

I am looking forward to what will come in my life over the next year.

I am pretty good at reading people.

I am learning not to be judgmental (judge not, least ye be judged).

I am dying to buy a motorcycle.

I am confident that I have a great smile.

I am optimistic that life will only get better for me.

I am encouraged by the amount of young people in my church that love God.

I am absolutely sure that God created starbucks for my sheer pleasure alone.

I am funny.

I am happy with my red hair (although, I wish it were longer).

I am in love with my new church.

I am confident that I was one of the best softball players around in my day.

I am learning to be more giving.

I am damaged, but not broken.

I am more than a survivor, I am an overcomer.

3 comments:

  1. Probably my favorite post that has ever been written--by anyone. You make me cry because you have finally realized just a small glimpse of the wonderful person that you are! I love you, girlie. (And I agree, you must have the most AWESOME best friend in the world)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should do one of these. But i'm not sure i know myself as well as you know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A motorcycle is not a good idea....

    ReplyDelete