Saturday, January 31, 2009

To my second family...!

So, I have known my best friend for almost eight years. She has been a constant companion to me through the ups and downs, the good times and the bad times. We have shared a beautiful friendship thus far and I hope to keep her by my side for the rest of my time spent on this side of heaven.

This weekend we decided to make a quick trip to South Carolina to visit her family. On the way up, while driving through Atlanta we pick up (our) her big sister Sara. We had an awesome drive and got to spend a little much needed sister time in the car before arriving in Sumter.

When we arrived we were met with the usual Langer love that overflows so easily from this family. This is only one of the great qualities found in this home. Every time I come to South Carolina I find myself enjoying the trip more and more. I feel like I have found a second home here, a second family with the Langers. They have so generously opened their hearts and home up to me time and time again. I am not sure that I will ever be able to give the amount of love back to them that they have so effortlessly shown me. But I am sure that I will spend the rest of my life trying.

So here is to loving hearts and open homes...Thank you (second family) Langers for giving so much of yourselves to me. And Mr. Dad (I mean Dave), you are amazing. What a man of honor and faith. I strive to have your wisdom and compassion. I love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Sniffle...sniffle...

    That is so VERY sweet! and I love you too, very, very much!

    (But "amazing"? That may be a little over the top...)

    ReplyDelete