Thursday, February 5, 2009

A sick day with Levi.



A few days ago my sister called me (around 6:30 a.m., who the heck is up at that hour?) to ask if I would hang out with Levi (my 8 year old nephew) because she had to work and he was sick. Feeling sorry for him and not wanting him to have to ride in the car with his mom all day I answered her by saying, "Sure, no problem! He will probably be out all day anyways".


Now one thing that you must know about Levi is that he is one of a kind. He is lovable, smart, witty, and so cute that anyone would give in to him. However, he is also hyper, acts like a crazy kid, likes to take his time doing everything, and is all questions 24/7. The mix of these things makes for a wonderfully special (like I said) one of a kind kid.

So, my sister brought him over early--with a puke bucket and some medicine. He acted kinda unusual for about half an hour, but by 8:00ish he was full force Levi. Chasing the cats, sneaking up on the dog, and zoned in on cartoon network. I slept on the couch hoping that he wouldn't try to up-chuck on my floor.

By about 11:00 p.m. he was hungry, and stated that he NEEDED sonic. Now, he had been fine up until this point, but I was skeptical about him eating a hamburger. But like I said, he is so cute that anyone would give in to him. So, I caved and took him to sonic. We got ready, grabbed the puke bucket and made our way to sonic. In the car he danced around in the seat, demanded that the music be turned up louder, and sang at the top of his lungs the songs he knew. Once we arrived at Sonic I asked, "Levi, what would you like", and expected a simple answer.


Levi: A hamburger with nothing on it but ketchup, and a cherry slush.

Eashie (that is what he calls me): Ha, no way on the cherry slush. I don't want projectile cherry slush all over my car. How about sprite?

Levi: But look at me, I am feeling all better! Besides cherries are a fruit, they are good for you.

Eashie: What? (I laugh to myself) I said sprite, or nothing.

Levi: FINE! But how is sprite gonna help me grow?

Eashie: Excuse me, Can I have a ham....

Levi: WAIT!!!!!! I changed my mind. I want a medium popcorn chicken.

Eashie: Ugh! Okay, can I have a med....

Levi: Oh, WAIT!!!!!! I think I want a....

Eashie: A medium popcorn chicken and a sprite, please! Sorry, buddy, it's already ordered.

Levi: Ummm....UGH! Okay.


Finally, we leave sonic and he chows down on his chicken. Once we get back home he is back to his chasing the animals and bouncing off the walls. Which he continued right up until the moment that his mom came to pick him up. It was amazing! Even with all the bouncing, chasing, harassing, and freaking out he did he was able to keep down that popcorn chicken without a problem. When he left I said, "Back to school tomorrow". He just smile and trotted out the door. I think maybe I was duped.


The above picture is our attempt at taking a serious picture.

1 comment: